Check out these 5 supposedly haunted and creepy places in Seattle to explore!
5 allegedly haunted and spooky Seattle spots to visit
1. Kells Irish Pub
A venue that doubles as both a happy hour joint and a ghost hunter’s haven is Kells Irish Pub, which was once a mortuary back in the days. This historic building is supposedly haunted by several spirits, leading to some creepy encounters experienced by the staff and the pub-goers alike.
Kells Irish Pub’s hauntings often manifest themselves in swinging lights, cold spots, and sometimes even full-on apparitions. The most infamous spirit sighted here is of a little girl with long red hair. Those who have spotting her claim she’s seen on the stairs or playing in an upstairs dining room.
If you believe in the supernatural, Kells Irish Pub is definitely worth visiting for not just its grand selection of beer and fervent game crowds, but also for its history and chillingly spooky atmosphere. The intriguing tales of haunting will only add up to your thrilling experience.
To put things into perspective:
- If you sit at the end of the bar, don’t be surprised if your pint starts swinging – it’s been known to happen!
- The back hallway is always colder than other areas of the pub – regardless of the weather outdoors.
- Be extra cautious near the staircase, lest you encounter the little redhead apparition.
- Clairvoyants who visit the restaurant often mention feeling a playful energy, especially in the upstairs dining room.
- To get the chills down your spine, do take a stroll to the old pictures hanging on the walls near the restrooms downstairs. You might feel eyes following you around!
- Lastly, Irish songs don’t play randomly from the jukebox automatically; there might just be a ghost trying to get your attention!
2. The Harvard Exit Theatre
The Harvard Exit Theatre is yet another location about town with an intense spooky reputation. A former home to The Woman’s Century Club, the theatre premises have allegedly been haunted by the club members themselves throughout its century-old history.
In its glory days as a theater hub, it was not uncommon for patrons and staff to report mysterious incidents like hearing unidentified footsteps, spotting spectral women in vintage clothing, or objects mysteriously disappearing and relocating. The fourth floor of this building is particularly notorious for being energetically charged with eerie vibes.
If you fancy theatre, history, and hauntings all at once, then consider paying a visit to The Harvard Exit Theatre. You may just get lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you view it) to experience these supernatural occurrences first-hand.
Here’s what to anticipate:
- Get ready to potentially hear phantom footsteps echoing through the antique halls when you are alone.
- Keep a lookout for spectral women physically manifesting at odd hours – you can recognise them from their outdated fashion statement.
- Be prepared for your belongings mysteriously disappearing and reappearing out of thin air – it’s as if they grow legs and move around on their own!
- Brace yourself before venturing to the fourth floor – the heavy energy there might make you feel nauseous or anxious.
- You might witness doors opening and closing with no explanation, especially in restrooms.
- Odd noises like murmurings, whispers, or female laughter without any attributable source are often heard.
3. Pike Place Market
If you thought Pike Place Market is just about fresh produce, creamy clam chowder bowls, and vintage stores, think again. This lively market area has an alternative, eerie side to it that includes reports of mysterious apparitions and ghostly activities.
The most famous ghostly resident in Pike Place Market is “Princess Angeline,” the daughter of Chief Seattle for whom the city is named. Numerous Pike Place vendors have reported seeing Princess Angeline sweeping the floors early in the mornings before the crowds arrive.
So next time when you visit Pike Place to buy your locally grown vegetables or handmade trinkets, watch out for any paranormal phenomenon around you. Because while it may be a great spot to grab lunch, it’s also a known haunt for spectral activity!
Become aware of these potential surprises:
- An ethereal woman spotted sweeping in the early morning hours could well be Princess Angeline fulfilling her cleaning duties.
- Don’t get tricked if the atmosphere suddenly turns damp and cold – this is a common symptom of nearby ghostly presence.
- Objects moving on their own or being displaced overnight are normal phenomena reported by regular vendors over here.
- You might hear baffling sounds of Native American chanting occasionally.
- Witnessing orbs, shadows, or indistinct figures during late evening hours is nothing uncommon.
- If you feel like someone just brushed past you but find no one near you- consider it as a spirit passing through you.
4. The Sorrento Hotel
Overlooking downtown Seattle sits the Italian Renaissance-style hotel famously known for its classic charm and infamous for its otherworldly guest – Alice B. Toklas. It appears that Alice, who was a former resident in the area where the hotel now stands, has chosen to stick around long after her departure.
Guests, particularly musicians and artists, have often reported experiencing Alice’s presence. From strange happenings like unexplainable cold drafts to sudden scent of fresh flowers wafting through the air, her apparition laid lightly touching people’s shoulders, and even the piano playing by itself!
If you appreciate opulent history and are intrigued by the supernatural world, then The Sorrento Hotel is sure to offer you one unforgettable night! Whether it’s for the high tea or the sightings of Alice B. Toklas, this hotel never fails to impress.
Some ghostly tidbits to keep in mind:
- Welcome the unexpected chill down your spine or discover inexplicably cold drafts during your stay as a sign of Alice’s presence.
- Experience the sudden whiff of fresh flowers when none are in sight – a tried-and-true method of our ethereal hosts to make their presence felt.
- If you feel an eerie light touch on your shoulder, don’t freak out – it might just be Alice trying to greet you!
- If you hear the piano playing by itself, brace yourself. You’ve officially met Seattle’s most famous otherworldly figure.
- Are you feeling being watched? Don’t worry, you’re not paranoid – Alice is probably trying to say hello!
- You are not just daydreaming if you spot an elderly woman hovering in the hallway or peeping into the restaurant – that’s how Alice is usually seen around.
5. Underground Seattle
Underground Seattle reigns supreme when it comes to creepy crawlies and eerie legends. The remnants of the original city streets lying beneath present-day Pioneer Square hold a tumultuous past marked by fires, plagues, and plenty of death – making it a perfect hotbed for alleged hauntings.
As you embark on the guided tour through these underground tunnels and basements, don’t be shocked if you witness apparitions or orbs in your photographs later at home, hear faint voices echoing around, or maybe experience some of the other common signs of paranormal presence.
A visit to Underground Seattle promises not just a rich experience of this archaic part of the town, but also its ghostly inhabitants. For those interested in both history and spooks, this tour should definitely be on the bucket list!
What you might experience:
- Numerous reports suggest photos taken in the underground showing uncanny orbs and misty figures – so check your clicks meticulously.
- Sometimes, you may feel dizzy or light-headed due to the strong psychic energy prevalent down below.
- In case you hear hushed whispers when nobody’s around, know that you are not alone!
- Fleeting shadows in the corner of your eye shouldn’t be dismissed as tricks of the mind; the shadow could well belong to a spirit.
- If you discover inexplicable cold spots during the tour despite wearing warm clothes, credit it to our spectral friends dwelling on these grounds.
- Feeling an urge to avoid certain areas? Listen to your gut feelings- they serve as pretty accurate Haunted Radar!
To sum up this spooky encounter, refer to the table below:
| Locality | Creepy Encounter |
|——————- |————————————————————————— |
| Kells Irish Pub | Swinging Pints, Cold Spots, Ghost of Red-haired girl |
| The Harvard Exit Theatre | Unidentified Footsteps, Spectral Women, Disappearing Objects |
| Pike Place Market | Phantom Native American Chanting, Moving Items, Appearance of Princess Angeline |
| The Sorrento Hotel | Cold Drafts, Inexplicable Floral Scent, Autoplay Piano |
| Underground Seattle | Uncanny Orbs in Photos, Psychic Energy, Fleeting Shadows |
*Kindly remember that everyone’s experience is subjective and some may find these encounters more compelling than others! So, step into the paranormal territories of Seattle with an adventurous and open mind.*